How to choose the best bread maker in 2021?
- 1 How to choose the best bread maker in 2021?
- 2 How to choose a breadmaker?
- 3 TOP-3 breadmakers to buy right now
- 4 Differences between models.
- 5 Helpful tips and tricks.
Do you want to enjoy fresh, flavorful bread for breakfast every morning? Nothing is impossible – buy a bread machine. I will tell you what these devices are, what they can do and how to choose the perfect one.
Breadmaker – familiar to many, but still not too popular kitchen appliance. The relatively low popularity of bakeries is obvious: this device is highly specialized (in addition to the bread itself, you can cook not so many different dishes in a baker), and the baking process – although quite simple, but still requires some effort (at least – accuracy in measuring the volume/weight of ingredients).
Popular brand, that make breadmakers, include:
- Black and Decker;
- Hamilton Beach;
- West Bend;
But today, I invite you to take a look at three models of bread makers that I have personally tested:
- Zojirushi BB-CEC20 Home Bakery Supreme 2-Pound-Loaf Breadmaker. This breadmaker makes baking easy, fun, and also silly. Not only does this baker effortlessly bake a two-pound loaf of mouthwatering homemade bread, it’s also versatile enough to create many other products like meatloaf, jams, and even chocolate cake! Zojirushi bread maker manual is super helpful.
- Cuisinart CBK-200 Convection Bread Maker. This model boasts a convection fan for better baking, but is it all just lots of hot air? You can read my review to learn more about this Cuisinart bread maker.
- KBS Pro Stainless Steel Bread Machine. This is the best bread machine from KBS, interesting for many reasons. One is that despite its modern look, this bread machine was designed for kids, beginners, and advanced bakers.
We will take a closer look at these models a little later.
Structurally, a bread machine is very similar to an ordinary multicooker: it has exactly the same bowl for food and a control unit with a set of built-in programs that allow you to turn on the device in different modes (usually representing a combination of a certain temperature and time during which it will be maintained).
Now let’s take a look at the criteria to consider when choosing a bread maker.
How to choose a breadmaker?
A seemingly simple device – a container for baking and a coil for heating. But on the market you can find many different models, seriously differing in price. How to choose the right baker?
I tell you about the main criteria for choosing:
- Modern devices can have baking bowls of different volumes. The weight of the finished product can range from 0.4 to 1.5 kg.
- The capacity of the baker depends on the speed of baking bread. In modern models, the power can range from 450 to 1600 watts. Standard indicators – from 500 to 750 watts.
- Inexpensive models are usually made of lightweight heat-resistant plastic. More powerful and expensive devices have a body made of chrome steel or another metal alloy. The material of which the outer part of the bread machine is made does not affect the process of cooking bread.
- A dispenser is a special container for additional ingredients that you want to add to the dough. These can be nuts, dried fruits, dried berries, candied fruits, spices, pieces of cheese, and more. In addition, there are yeast dispensers.
- Before you choose a quality bread machine for the home, pay attention to its functionality. The number of programs – this is the most important parameter, which determines the price of technology.
In modern devices, there are up to 20 different programs and functions, baking modes, and cooking other dishes. In this variety, it is easy to get lost and buy not what you need. In order not to make a wrong choice, carefully read the technical characteristics of the devices.
Let’s take a look at modern bakeries and figure out how to choose the most successful model and how they differ in principle.
TOP-3 breadmakers to buy right now
Earlier I told you about three models of bread makers, and now let’s take a closer look at them.
Zojirushi BB-CEC20 Home Bakery Supreme 2-Pound-Loaf Breadmaker
When you look at all the Zojirushi bread maker manual for the first time, you may wonder if you will be able to use it to its fullest capabilities. The resounding answer is YES! Despite its myriad of features, the BB-CEC20 is extremely easy to use.
From the Zojirushi BB-CEC20 manual, you will find out that it also possesses the following features that make this unit a must-own. First and foremost, it features a heavy-duty inner cooking pan that features a pair of durable blades for thorough kneading of the dough. The crust settings, as well as the pre-programmed settings, are displayed in an easy-to-use LCD control panel. With the unit’s large viewing window, you can easily monitor the baking process.
It is the best breadmaker is the best on my list. Read Zojirushi bread machine manuals before using the machine, they can be very helpful.
Video Zojirushi BB-PAC20 bread maker.
Cuisinart CBK-200 Convection Bread Maker
The Cuisinart bread maker manual says that the model offers sixteen menu programs, but it does not allow you to program your own custom cycles. Experienced bread machine bakers might miss having the power to reprogram or tweak certain settings such as the rising or kneading cycles. Ordinary bakers might not mind using the factory settings.
The instruction manual provides a timetable for each program that even takes into account the crust color and loaf size. It provides times for the preheating, kneading, rise, and baking steps. It also shows the specific times when audible tones will sound to either throw in fruit or for removing the paddle.
It is a good model and it is definitely worth being considered for your kitchen. Don’t forget about Cuisinart bread maker manual CBK 200, it offers some interesting recipes.
KBS Pro Stainless Steel Bread Machine
It has a black lid where you can see a list of all 19 settings. There’s no need for you to look at the manual because it’s very user-friendly.
To the right of the settings, the list is the control screen where you can see relevant information. Just below it, you have a few buttons that indicate the heating, delay, timer, etc. While others think the many buttons make it confusing, the KBS Automatic Bread Machine has labels on each button to help you understand what you’re supposed to do.
Another thing to love about this bread machine is the loaf quality. Whether you’ve set it to French bread, gluten-free bread, or plain normal white bread, your loaf will end up as soft and fluffy as it should be. It kneads the dough evenly so there won’t be any lumps of flour left out. The flour doesn’t also splatter onto the window during the mixing and kneading processes.
Differences between models.
The power of the bread machine is directly related to its performance. In most cases, you do not need to worry about this parameter: the power of the device will be sufficient. That is, you will not be able to buy a device with insufficient power to make the necessary amount of baked goods. More powerful devices may turn out to be “faster” – this is probably the only significant difference between high-powered and low-powered baking ovens.
The most important parameter for a bread bowl is the material it is made of and the type of non-stick coating. Unfortunately, almost every manufacturer advertises their products to the best of their ability: the bowl is positioned as the lightest, and the non-stick coating – as the most non-stick and scratch-resistant. Believe it on the word, of course, you can not, so when choosing a bakery will not be superfluous to read reviews of those users who have already become the owner of your model of interest. As for the models described above, I can say with confidence that they have quality bowls that will last you a long time. If you love gluten free bread machine recipes then KBS Pro is your choice.
Helpful tips and tricks.
Bread recipes, that you can find in the bread machine manual, are not always accurate. It can be a real problem if you never made bread before. But don’t worry, there are several easy solutions:
- Find the recipes of those who have cooked in the same bread machine. There are a lot of them on YouTube;
- Cook as in the manual, but after baking, before taking out of the mold, pierce the bread with a toothpick. If there is still dough on the toothpick, it means the bread is not ready yet and you need to extend the baking time.
- Experiment. Try making bread with the same recipe several times, experimenting with the amount of flour and liquid. That way you can figure out how many ingredients you need for the perfect bread.
I hope that my tips will help you.