The best sandwich makers to buy right now
A sandwich maker is a very handy kitchen appliance that will provide you with fresh and hot sandwiches in just a couple of minutes. If you have room in your kitchen for another gadget and you make sandwiches quite often, buying this device will not only make cooking more enjoyable but also save you a lot of time.
Of course, different models differ in many ways, and choosing the right one is not an easy task without BBQ grill reviews.
The three most popular models of 2020/2021:
- Breville BGR820XL Smart Grill – This particular indoor grill uses a technology called Element IQ. The grill plates have built-in heat sensors. What they do is that whenever cold food is placed on the preheated grill surface, they immediately inject heat onto the plate. The quick recovery after the temperature drops back to the desired temperature ensures that the flavours remain in the meat.
- The Cuisinart Griddler GR-300WSP1 boasts six impressive cooking functions in sleek brushed stainless steel that shines on any kitchen worktop. This stylish electric grill can handle anything, with the ability to grill, pan-fry, half grill, half pan, panini press, and sink sandwiches, meats, and snacks.
- The Ninja Foodi AG301 Indoor Grill and Air Fryer also doesn’t sacrifice grill quality for versatility. Its cyclonic grill technology quickly circulates air at 500 Fahrenheit around food for fantastic volumetric roasting, while its high-density grill produces those trademark grill marks with almost no smoke.
In the following section, we’ll outline the most important features you should look for when choosing a sandwich maker, and then suggest you choose from the ten excellent models available from the shops in our catalogue.
The main features to look for
What you must pay attention to when choosing:
- In sandwich makers, the power has a direct impact on the speed at which the sandwiches are made. It’s usually 600-700 watts, but some – more expensive – models go as high as 800 watts. If you want to save as much time as possible, choose a more powerful model.
- Depending on the design, a model can make two or four sandwiches at a time. Models with space for two slices will be useful for small families, while for families with children and large company meetings, it is better to choose models with space for four.
- Most models are designed to make sandwiches in a triangular shape – they have a special divider in the middle. If you’re not a fan of triangular sandwiches, it’s best to choose a model without the divider or with a replaceable tile.
- Non-stick coating. The special non-stick coating will ensure trouble-free sandwich-making – most ingredients won’t stick to the plates, making it quick to clean. Buying a sandwich maker without this coating simply makes no sense.
- Heating and ready indicators. Kitchen grill and light-emitting diode indicators will make your preparation more convenient, and the risk of scalding to a minimum. Almost all models have such indicators.
There’s also a little nuance here: some sandwich makers are equipped with interchangeable plates, which can have different purposes (for waffles or for grilling) and a different number of dividers.
Now, let’s take a look at the useful but not essential functions of a sandwich maker.
Some sandwich makers come complete with special waffle makers. You can make their semblance in regular models as well, but the special waffle makers will allow you to get exactly the “right” waffles. If waffles are your thing, make sure your new electric countertop grill can manage it!
If you don’t have an electric grill in your kitchen, a sandwich press fitted with a special grill plate can replace it to some extent. Meat and fish can be cooked on it but the final quality is certainly not as good as with a separate electric grill.
If you don’t have a lot of space in your kitchen, saving space is easy with sandwich grills that come fitted with a special bracket. This enables the unit to be stored vertically on the wall or on a kitchen countertop.
Another space-saving option is to have a cord storage compartment for your sandwich maker. The cord can be quickly and easily stowed away in the cord compartment and does not interfere with storage.
The best sandwich makers review
These panini presses reviews will help you to make a choice.
Breville BGR820XL Smart Grill
You get so many functions in one indoor Breville Smart Grill. The adjustable temperature and adjustable height are built so cleverly that you won’t get confused while cooking. There is also a digital display for temperature and timer. The parts are well stacked and removable. But they only give you one pan and one grill grate. So you may have to buy two more plates if you want to use the same plates at the same time. Cleaning is also very easy. The unique IQ technology and integrated heating design will give you the best flavour as well as quicker cooking.
This grill is best for quick, impromptu meals. You can quickly grill simple foods like hamburger patties, but that’s not the case when it comes to cooking gourmet foods and ensuring even heat.
Cuisinart Griddler GR-300WSP1
With five separate cooking options, it handles everything from pancakes and sausages to grilled cheese, steaks, burgers, and panini sandwiches. The Cuisinart grill features a floating lid, dual temperature control, and a switch for independent grill and pan control. It also uses removable dishwasher-proof non-stick cookware for easy cooking and cleaning. In addition, a power-on indicator lets you know when the surface is hot and ready to cook. This panini grill is made from brushed stainless steel with a cool-touch housing that helps prevent accidental burns.
Overall, we can recommend this Cuisinart GR-300WS Griddler elite grill with its stainless steel finish as a good buy. All of this is based on our research.
Ninja Foodi AG301
Ninja Foodi Health Grill & Air Fryer AG301UK is a good option for those who want a dual-purpose machine. It combines the functions of an air fryer and grill, so you can cook chips in frying mode but grill meat or vegetables. The results in all cooking modes were excellent. It’s compact, so it won’t take up too much space on your counter, and it’s stylish, so you’ll be happy to leave it on display. It is, however, quite noisy and takes a while to preheat.
If you’re looking for an air fryer or health grill but don’t want to splurge on a single-mode machine, the Ninja Foodi Health Grill & Air Fryer AG301UK is a good buy. The cooking results in all of its modes are superb, it’s really easy to use and you’ll end up eating incredibly tasty, evenly cooked meals that are healthy too.
All sandwich machines or sandwich makers differ in their functionality. Knowing about them will enable the user to easily select the right model for their needs.
The models reviewed above have about the same range of functions, but there are some differences. For example, the size. The Cuisinart Griddler is quite a large model, if your kitchen is small, this sandwich maker may not be for you.
The Ninja Foodi can be used as an air fryer and grill, which is not the case with the other models. The Breville panini press boasts its Element IQ technology and easy cleaning.
Pay attention to the features of each model and decide for yourself which ones you need and which ones you can safely do without.